Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spanapark Bowling Fundraiser!

Billie Pettit, Bernice and Chris Beck, George and I went to the Spanapark Bowling Fundraiser at Paradise Bowl on Pacific Ave.  We bowled Nine Pin No Tap with the Daffodil Princesses.   They are delightful.  Princess Eunice bowled with us during the first set.  She was very cheerful, encouraging and enthusiastic!  Delightful to meet someone with natural leadership qualities!!!

The last time I bowled I was 8 years old and my scores were 13 & 14 for a total of 27 in two games.  That was over 50 years ago, but I went bowling anyway.  I got tips from the other bowlers and continued to improve my "game."  I actually got more then 27 points on every single game.  After I made a strike, I was concentrating very hard on my next turn, when the ball accidently slid off of my fingers and rolled down the middle of the lane in slow motion and swerved into the gutter.  That seemed roll  down the asile seemed to take forever!  we all laughed!

Everyone got a "goodie bag" upon registering for the games.  During the games the raffle ticket numbers were called.  Several of us won prizes.  Chris, Bernice, Billie and I each came home with something. The silent auction prizes were fabulous. The B & I Coin shop donated several coins and that whole table was a hit.  I bid on a silver dollar from 1922.  There were some awesome gifts all up and down the corridor.   Disney tickets for 4, weekend getaway in a cabin at Mt. Rainier, dinner for 2 and much, much more. 

Billy, Bernice, George and Chris are very good at bowling.  They all made several strikes in a row.  Many of the Daffodil Princesses did, too.  Chris.....got 3 strikes in a row on the last set of the last game!   We all had a wonderful time.

Thank you Spanapark for putting on a fabulous fundraiser!  We look forward to going again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment